Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Maverick ET 73 alarms

Options
Grandpas Grub
Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Does the '73' have both high and low temp alarms on both probes?

Kent

Comments

• Mike in Abita
    Options
    I have no idea. I got mine 6 months ago and am still unable to program that ba$tard. If you know how to set it up let me know. Please
    Mike
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options
    Mike,

I picked up a ET - 7 which does not have a low temp alert. To set the temps and upper limits it is a simple matter of pressing the meat type and then pressing the up/down buttons.

On the 73 I believe there is a manual on the Maverick site.

I am sure someone else will jump in and help you out. I have a bad habbit of not reading manuals.

Kent
  • hi/lo for smoker and hi only for food if memory serves
    Marevrick ET-73

Posting for me would be easy if my profile could be activated
  • hi/lo for smoker and hi only for food if memory serves
    Marevrick ET-73

Posting for me would be easy if my profile could be activated
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    Right you are. HERE's the manual (Adobe Acrobat required). Look on the first page, right-hand column...it tells you how to set up the alarm setpoints and there's only a HI alarm for the food.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options
    Great,

Thanks for the link. That is exactly what I was wanting.

The '7' model has 2 food probes, I use one for the grid temp and it works fine for that.

I would get the '73' with the low pit temp alert before getting the '7'.

Again thanks, Kent
  • ChitownBBQ
    Options
    Son of a B*&^$!

They didn't have the 'smoker' version with I go my old ET-7. It has been a trooper and I love the fact that the probe fits through the hole in the dome (it was -21 Friday night - checking the dome temp without going outside was AWESOME!) but I would LOVE a low-temp alarm.

Its kind of hard to justify buying a new ET-73 when I already have both an ET-7 and an older ET-72 single-probe thang. Too many other eggsessories to spend money on 1st...