Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2 AM Chicken check in

BajaTom
BajaTom Posts: 1,269
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just wanted everyone to know all is well out here in the mid west. Southern Illinois is in the 35 degree temp with a little touch of snow in the air. Hope all is well at the Chicken Palace. Good luck, Tom

Comments

• JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Well Tom you beat me to the check. Went to bed early last night to go duck hunting this morning. Wife came to bed at 11:45 and woke me up when she did. Layed around tossing and turning so just got up at 1:30. Had to get up at 2:15 anyway. Will be along day. Any way the horses are feed and medicated, dog aired and Jake is supervising the forum. Chicken did you see last nights check? I wrote you about the email you shot me. Its 45 degrees and misting hear.Just nasty. Would like to be in bed now but season has a week left and my 70 year old Dad wants to go. Life is short so grab it while you can. Thank I'll pick up something at the butchers on the way home quick to burn tonight. Everyone have a good day. Jake says: "I wish this fool would quit flashing lights in my face at 2:00 am in the morning" NEW08-1.jpg
  • I must be sleep'n better because I know there are good folks who will step in and check the Forum in my absence. Thanks guys... I appreciate it.

Yea, I was really slumbering when all of a sudden the plumbing alert went off. Scared me at first because forgot that I had switched it to vibrate. I made it to the maintenance room in time and relieved the problem.

I was a bit concerned about the replacement aqua in the maintenance facility's porcelain receptacle because at approximately 2100 Interplanetary Hours someone in a motorized transporter apparently decided to target a nearby fire hydrant in order to take it out. He succeeded. The resulting chaos reminded the neighborhood carbon units of the true value of a functioning aqua system. Fortunately, a stand-ready crew of repair-robots was quickly on hand to make necessary repairs.

Naturally, I had to check the refrigerator light. I found it to be working fine.

Rodney Dangerbird saw that I was up and waved the all-clear signal. He jokingly refers to the signal as "shooting me the bird." He can be funny when he's not so serious.

As for the Forum, only 2 of us Members and 56 Guests see fit to be up at this hour. So do I and I'm returning to the recharging unit.

Oh yea jlockhart29, I saw your note about my email. Glad you liked the article I sent.

Say goodnight Leroy.

Spring "Bird Of A Feather" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Glad the plumbing is back in order. I too usually have the test to preform in the wee hours but I usually just stay up to keep early morning watch on things. WNC got 3-4 inches of white stuff last night so the slow economy will come to a grinding halt today, but maybe if someone can figure out how to turn the Little Tenneesee River around we can send Atlanta some runoff. Hope all is well in Texas

100_4335.jpg
  • AlaskanC
    AlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    Ugh.... sitting up wating to see Brent on Fox news any minute now. They are having him on their Fox & Friends show to talk about that Marine.

Then I am going to get my 3.5 hours of sleep before stumbling off to work.. :S
  • I tried for ten minutes to get Fox News to show the segment Fox and Friends but it wouldn't load or something. I'll try again.

Last three times I checked the web cam it looked dreary up there. But it looks dreary here too. I guess Winter has shown us its ugly face. I don't like it. Rather be complaining about the heat and humidity. LOL

Haveagood'n

Spring "Friends In Northern Places" Chicken