Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Easy pork tenderloin recipe (sweet)

Smokin' LadySmokin' Lady Posts: 158
edited 1:35PM in EggHead Forum
Here's an easy marinade for pork tenderloin that I got from my "Let's Get Grilling with the Cooking Ladies" book that turned out very good.
Maple Rum Pork Tenderloin
MapleRumPorkTenderloin.jpg
Combine 1/2 cup maple syrup, 1/2 cup orange juice, 2 tbsps. fresh lime juice, 1 tbsp. dark rum (brandy worked too), 1 tsp. olive oil, 3 lbs. pork tenderloin. Marinate in fridge for 4-6 hours, remove pork from marinade, reserve marinade. Cook direct at 300 deg. for about 30 minutes or until done to your liking. Shortly before pork is done, boil reserved marinade in small pan for 5 minutes, slice the tenderloin and drizzle marinade over. Enjoy.

Comments

• Thanks for the recipe, something different. Looks great, is it real sweet.

Pork Butt Mike
  • I didn't find it too sweet, but if you wanted to cut it down a bit maybe you could reduce the maple syrup a little and make it up in rum. Also I would use real maple syrup, because pancake syrup probably would be too sweet.