Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stir the fire pot ?

Options
aaind
aaind Posts: 235
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I think I got my leaks on my small egg getting much longer burn now ,I did find at least 25% still unburned ,do you need to stir the pot ,how often
Dave

Comments

• Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    Dave,

I'll be following your SBGE questions, as I'm trying to figure out the differences between the small and large eggs.

How long were you trying to go on the lump?

Did you do the seal check on your egg when you put it together?

Are your having problems with a fresh load of lump? Or is this some reused lump?
  • aaind
    aaind Posts: 235
    Options
    I was hoping for the same as others 13ish hrs

I did not do the ck but have now and works much better ,I know that I went 10 hrs last burn
    with it ,well I went to bed ,but almost sure it was that long ,but found that 25% was not burned .
    Was not a question of new or old ,but I called big green egg home office ,they did say you may have to stir the fire pot ,was hoping more small egg folks would see my post an tell me how often ,but thanks for the reply
    Dave