Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

anyone freeze pizza dough?

Mainegg
Mainegg Posts: 7,787
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Has anyone frozen their pizza dough? If so do you do it before the first rise? I love home made but time to make it is not there some nights. to be able to take it out in the morning before work would be great. thanks for any tips. Julie

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    I freeze it all the time and it works fine after a good thaw. I just let it rise again before using. This is not dough I make, but dough I buy from a local grocery bakery department.
  • I freeze it all the time. I make the dough in a breadmaker, so it's gone through all it's rising and resting. I use half and freeze the other half. Takes about an hour to thaw at room temp.
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    I found an easy dough recipe tonight that I did in the food processor. it was a tender dough but very good. had just a touch of honey in it. used some pulled pork that was frozen from Christmas. just a touch of BBQ sauce and sliced sweet onions and cheese. very good.