Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Vinaigrette and salmon

WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
edited 6:30AM in EggHead Forum
Picked up this awesome vidalia onion vinaigrette from costco..the stuff tastes great and was considering doing it "Greta" style on some salmon....have read posts in the past about citrus acid lemon/lime cooking fish and was wondering if marinading in a vinegar based sauce would cause any of the same type of cooking...I am considering this for Eggfest and was gonna do a trial run but didnt know if I should only put it on when it goes on the egg or if I could marinade ahead of time without hurting things...[p]Wess

Comments

• sdbeltsdbelt Posts: 267
    WessB,[p]In general acids will cook fish, so marinating in an acid (like vinegar) can yield a mushy result, depending on how the rest of the cook is done. So I agree it would be a good idea to experiment with your marinade.[p]--sdb
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,449
    WessB,
    A 15-30 minute bath shoud be perfect!
    Keep us posted.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings