Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Can I leave my butt any longer?

BlueRidgeBlueRidge Posts: 84
edited 10:31PM in EggHead Forum
Happy Saturday!

I pulled my butt off the egg this morning at 9:30am (EST). I wrapped it with Al-Foil, newspaper and then another wrap with Al-Foil. It was placed in a small but very thick styrofoam cooler that it barely fit into. That was placed into a standard "Rubbermaid" cooler with warm towels taking up all the free space. I have not taken a look at it since and am hoping to keep it this way for about another 1.5 hours....is this unwise? :whistle:

My guests are running late and I put the thing on too early.... Would it be better to pull it and keep it in a warmed oven untill we are ready...if so, any recommendations for the oven?

As always, thanks for the wonderfull community you all help to create and thanks for making my cooking experiences as successful and pleasant as they have been!
·

Comments

• What is the internal temp?
    ·
  • 152... I'm just about to start pulling it...

Above 140 is ok isn't it?
    ·
  • Michael BMichael B Posts: 986
    yep
    ·
  • I have a favorite BBQ joint in my neighborhood, and I noticed that the digital readout on his warming ovens indicates a constant temperature of 157°. He wraps his brisketts, ribs, and pulled pork in foil, and keeps it in these ovens to serve out of. Maybe you can duplicate this 'til your guests arrive.
    ·
  • Thanks for the input. When I unrapped it, it was plenty warm, the bone fell out and it pulled very nicely. Lovely stuff!
    ·