Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

light for the egg

Options
Dawgtired
Dawgtired Posts: 632
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey guys,
I'm looking for any recommendations on a light for the egg. Preferably battery powered but not exclusively.

THANKS

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.

Ronald Reagan

Comments

• Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    Lowes carries grill lamps. They run about $20.00. I have two and use them all the time with no trouble. I have seen some folks post the exact same lamp here for over twice the price. HTH.
    Big'un
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    I like this one. Three feet so it stands on its own. The feet are magnetic so you can stick it to the bands if you want. Or it also has a clamp you can use.

It is LED and felixble, powered by AAA batteries. I got this one at Linens n Things.

BBQLight.jpg
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Fidel,
    How much did you pay for that?
    Thanx Molly
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • GriffinGaDawg
    Options
    I got one of those for Christmas and I LOVE it! I never really thought a light was that big of a deal, but it is the real deal! My mother got mine at Kohl's..."near the dishes," in her words.

Takes three double or triple A batteries. BRIGHT too!
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    I believe it was $16.99
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    I lub me Q-Lite..small..AAA battery operated..rotates on multi axis...bright LED output..only problem is I bought it locally and cant seem to find it on the net!...grr
    Q-Lite.jpg
  • Michael B
    Michael B Posts: 986
    Options
    Go to the sports section in WalMart and ask to see a headlamp.