Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Who is the Mack Daddy of posters?

Options
Sigmore
Sigmore Posts: 621
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Now that there is a chart to show how many posts a person has on the Egg site, who is the man?

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    stike seems to have a lot to say over the years
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • citychicken
    Options
    time to take a poll?

i think it might be the dude who's up every 2 a.m. he seems to hve posted his mighty fine heap of ****-a-doodle-do!

happy eggin
    mark
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    How can I locate this wisdom?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    WMK and I have already discussed this... we'll be doing a top ten list of posters... probably for both all time and past 30 days kind of thing.

The Dalai Lama has suggested we track and post a list of those receiving the most positive (applaud) and negative (smite) karma as well. Believe it or not, he said it will help him manage his "naughty and nice" list for Chirstmas!... How about that, the Dalai Lama celebrates Chirstmas.... who would have thought!
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    in the upper right hand portion of your post :whistle:

the only thing is it has only started counting you recently because i know i have reads more than 11 posts from you :silly:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• East Cobb Eggy
    Options
    Very cool.

Those lists will be a lot of fun.

Greg
  • BurntRaw
    BurntRaw Posts: 565
    Options
    Yep, I believe that he has been "irritating long-standing forum elders for over a fiftieth of a century" now.
  • Sigmore
    Sigmore Posts: 621
    Options
    Well, It sure will be good to see Stike's name displayed prominently in the naughty list. %^/
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    i think it has to do with registering when we did. didn't WMK toss out the link to this place a year or two ago? i registered then, and i think since then it has tracked the posts for a couple years.

some oldtimers here are listed as newbies because they only recently registered. kinda funny.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • stike
    Options
    what fer?

i've given my fair share of help the past few years....
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    WMK said that he migrated our post counts from the old forum over here when possible. Obviously I haven't posted over 6000 times over here. Really, I haven't. It just seems that way.... :)
    The Naked Whiz
  • BurntRaw
    BurntRaw Posts: 565
    Options
    This is going to sound strange but I agree. Wow, that was a lot harder then I thought it would be.

I think it shows my "member" date as mid '06 and that has to be when I first registered with this forum cuz I know I was on the other one long before that.

Also, it showed Photo Egg with 2 post and I know he had at least 5 or 6 hundred just arguing about the XL in one thread on the "other" form.

Plus, if they do count post I think any post about sand castles or pumpkins should be disqualified - that's just cheating... :laugh:
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    That was great. What would we do with our morning plumbing check???? :huh: :huh: :huh:

I'm just glad to hear it's usually working. :woohoo:

Cheers,
    Bordello
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Hey man, I gave you some karma yesterday and now its gone, wassup?
  • Avocados
    Avocados Posts: 465
    Options
    If you modified your profile on the old forum, it only merged the post count and shows your member date since the date you modified it. That happened to mine also.

The old forum would actually create a new duplicate account everytime you modified or changed anything on your profile.

The webmasters said they plan to eventually try to merge these old orphaned accounts eventually, but it is a very manual process and is low on the priority list.
  • Avocados
    Avocados Posts: 465
    Options
    Hopefully doing that will not entice people to generate lots of wortheless posts just to boost thier counters . . .
  • i dunno. but you ent from -1 to 11. w/tf/?

do you sit at home signing up numerous accounts? hahaha

i dunno how it works.
  • stike
    Options
    i hear you. i was a bit surprised to see "7000+" for myself for one week here on the new forum. hahaha