Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork - "The other white meat" - Good Stuff

JM
JM Posts: 39
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have been egg owner for almost a year and I must say that it has been the best purchase I have ever made. It has opened up a whole new world of cooking including some great cooks from the recommendations I have read on this forum. Prior to my discovery, I mostly cooked burgers,chicken and steaks. [p]During this past year, I have discovered the great taste of Pork. No matter what I have cooked - pork ribs, pork tenderloin, pork butt...the egg has transformed this meat into some of the best meals I have had. I have no vested interest in the pork industry - I really think that for taste, tenderness, texture and price, it is hard to beat. I still love my beef tenderloin but for the money a nice pork tenderloin is pretty darn good.[p]I bring this up to encourage new egg owners to give it a try - the results are outstanding and the egg is very forgiving resulting in a great first cook.[p]Thanks to this forum I have expanded my menu.[p]JM[p]Pizza on the egg is another treat.

Comments

• JM, Agree, I buy whole pork loins and have chops, country style ribs, and of course Mr. Toads pork loin.
    Good luck,[p]CWM

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    FATpig.gif
    <p />Howdy JM,
    It is very difficult to top the flavor of pork. And pork cooked outdoors with wood/charcoal....lawdy, lawdy. Plus there are 8.27 million things you can do with it....and the fat that it is conveniently packaged with it.[p]From super lean thick loin chops, brined and grilled high, to the wonderful shoulder cooked low slow. Babybacks to BRONTO spare ribs and fatty pork chops, and hams. And whoa nelly you still got dem wonderful sausages...and bacon..oooolala. [p]Plus, I haven't found any pork product that doesn't go with beer.[p]Not only that, but even Ned Beatty likes pork...even after all the jokes made about him since "Deliverance". Weeeeee! Weeee![p]Pig on.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ