Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone that just owns a small??

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I know you will think I'm crazy but I want to downsize from a lg to a small for space reasons. Feedback from anyone that just owns a small would be appreciated.

Just my husband and myself.

Thanks
Carol

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    i have a small and a large. i'd say the small can handle 80% of my cooks. i have lately been defaulting to the large only because i find it gets to temp faster. the small will certainly work for two people.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Maple Egg
    Options
    Carol,

I have had a large for a number of years now. Last year I purchased a small. Like you, there are only two of us. We found that we used the small for 95% + of our cooks. We only reverted to the large for entertaining.

Bill
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    We have a lg and a sm and I find that in this cold weather I tend to fire up the small more often. it seems to light faster and not as much space to heat?? Maybe??? I don't know but the large has been resting more this winter, with just two of us.
  • DynaGreaseball
    Options
    Julie,

Did you try resizing your avatar to 70 x 70?
  • BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    We have large, small and mini. We've found that, for the two of us, the small gets 85% of the work, including dutch oven and low-and-slow. Mini is great for grilling "two-fers": 2 steaks, 2 chops, 2 chicken breasts, etc. (But if we're grilling 4 of anything it goes to the small.) Large only comes into play when we need the extra space: long rib racks, pulled pork for 40 people, etc.

HTH
    Ken
  • B & C
    B & C Posts: 217
    Options
    Are you in Atlanta? If so maybe we could work out a deal.

Thanks,
  • We live in the North Al area (Shoals). Approx 60 miles West of Huntsville. Talking to dealer about a trade.

Carol