Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Tilapia Fillets Recipes and Cooking Temps and time

LakeEggLakeEgg Posts: 8
edited 2:40AM in EggHead Forum
Still learning how to use my BGE that I love.

I would like to grill/smoke some Tilapia fillets for supper tonight. Any suggestions on cooking times and temp? Also recipe or spice suggestions would be great. Wife and I are on a diet so semi low cal of low fat would be great.

Thanks!
·

Comments

• We like them with Ragin River (Dizzy Pig) or Garlik/Peppercorn (Char Crust) They will cook real fast @ about 350 and be sure to use a small hole grate or fish basket.
    ·
  • Thanks. I have some Dizzy Pig rubs so I will probably try that. How long is "real fast" at 350?
    ·
  • I go by sight & feel but even indirect, they seem like they are done in about 10-12 minutes by my memory.
    ·
  • I grilled Tilapia last week with Ragin River and they were very good. I just put a little olive oil on mine and put them right on the grill with no problems. I think 10-12 minutes direct is about right, but I also pulled them off when the looked and felt done.

TC
    ·
  • Thanks Rusty Rooster and Smokin Tiger
    ·
  • ThrRoffThrRoff Posts: 169
    This is probably a bit late for dinner tonight, but these are trout filets kind of fried and smoke roasted. Takes maybe 10 minutes with the Egg at about 400. You could do the same with Tilapia.

troutc2s.jpg
    ·