Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Felt sealer between lid and base

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am in Australia and purchased a big green egg 8 week ago.Some the felt seal has burnt through on one side and the local supplier cannot suply one for 8 weeks.
Can you give ma an adress ofr a suppler how can do eamil pruchase and payment and post one express post to me.Also what would have caused the burn out is a new egg.[p]Look forward to your reply.

Comments

• Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Lyall,

I'm not sure if BGE will deal with you directly, but you can try their US number tomorrow morning (770) 938-9394. The US's country code is 001. I'm pretty sure Atlanta time is GMT minus 5...adjust your call time accordingly. If that won't work, I can check with my local BGE outlet to see if they carry what you need and will send it to you.

The part numbers for the Eggs gaskets are:

GKHDXL Gasket Kit for XL
    GKHDL Gasket Kit for Large
    GKHDM Gasket Kit for Medium, Small and Mini
  • Michael B
    Michael B Posts: 986
    Lyall Hood,[p]Big Green Egg
    Factory Store and Retail Mail/Phone Orders
    3414 Clairmont Road
    Atlanta, GA 30319
    (770) 934-5300
    Hours: Mon-Sat 10am-6pm ET[p]
    Worldwide Headquarters
    3417 Lawrenceville Hwy
    Tucker,GA 30084-5802
    Corporate offices: (770) 938-9394

• Lyall Hood,[p]I have two Eggs, and fried my gaskets quite some time ago. They look like scabs on the lawn of Goooooood Eats![p]That said -- I did a low-'n-slo yesterday... no trouble holding temps. Unless you can't control the temp [That is, you set it to burn at, say, 300, and it keeps climbing upwards] you really don't need to worry about a new gasket.[p]There are people with Eggs who have gone years with burned-off gaskets... but only you can decide if you really need to worry about it.[p]Best Wishes![p]~ Broc[p]
  • icemncmth
    icemncmth Posts: 1,165
    Broc, just across the Muddy Mo from Omaha, Eastward in Eden,[p]Mine has been gone for a long time...[p]My brother's is too but when he does a low and slow he takes some alum foil and makes a quick seal...