Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Austin Butt - Pulled Pork from Texas

Options
ravnhaus
ravnhaus Posts: 311
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
<p />I posted earlier this weekend seeking advise on a rather tiny I was told Boston Butt (2.5#). What started out as an experimental all night cook turned into a hybid cook involving a Bandera and an Egg.
Although the methods used were not strickly "traditional" nor "egg pure" I believe the results may be close to this "pulled pork" you fellows to the east speak so fondly of.
Follow the link provided. Critique of the cook and presentation is most welcome.
Thanks to all for advise and commentary.

[ul][li]Pulled Pork via Texas[/ul]

Comments

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    ravnhaus,[p]I guess in Texas you eat a lot or brisket. Pulled pork was new to me as well (grew up in the Northeast, but now in Georgia). I like both the Pulled Pork and Brisket. Heck chicken, turkey, sausage, steak ... it all good![p]BTW, your site and story were both fun too![p]Smokey

• MickeyT
    MickeyT Posts: 607
    Options
    ravnhaus,[p]Best post I have seen in quite a while. Imagine that, pictures and talkin "Q". What a concept for a BBQ site.[p]Great job.[p]Reebs to ya.[p]Mick

• char buddy
    Options
    ravnhaus,[p]using international olympic ice skating judging rules - meaning I get to make it up as I go along - I'm giving this presentation a 5.00 out of a possible 6.0. The pics of the meat and the smoking equipment were spot on. The narrative was - as usual - superb. But the contemplation pics - sunsets, etc. - were below par. [p]I am compiling a music/sound folder for your slides. I'll send'em to you, once I get done. [p]All kidding aside, seriously good looking'Q. [p]CB
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    ravnhaus,
    Hilarious! I truly look forward to each and every one of your pictorials.
    Mighty Fine Entertainment (MFE).
    Looking forward to the Egg brisket cook you were talking about.
    Keep em comin.
    WD

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    ravnhaus,
    Is it all gone or do we get invited for snacks. Great as usual.

• Ellen aka Gormay
    Options
    ravnhaus,[p]Your photo/reports have been both educational and inspirational for a newcomer like me.[p]I was especially happy to see a small piece of meat showcased.We have an empty nest and try to keep meat consumption minimized. If I made those gargantuan cuts of meat, all the leftovers would stuff my freezer and I would have no reason to cook on the Egg for some time. That would be a shame![p]BTW what is a Bandera, pray tell?[p]Ellen
  • ravnhaus
    Options
    Ellen aka Gormay,
    Yeah, they all laughed about my 2.5 # butt but it was perfect for me. The wife doesn't always join in all my cooking efforts so small amounts are an asset for me.
    A Bandera is a offset style cooker with a lot of cooking space. Go to the link below and then look for the Bandera link. I don't have much on my site about the Bandera yet as I got the Egg about the same time I started working on the site so everything is Egg oriented at this time. The site is a work in progress and is by no means complete but feel free to look around. I have all my other photo essays linked there.

[ul][li]Ravnhaus BBQ site[/ul]
  • ravnhaus
    Options
    char buddy ,
    Yeah, the sunset pic was below par from a strick sunset point of view but if you look close you will see the Egg, the Bandera and the Sun at moment of setting locked in a holy trinity. You must sometimes contemplate beyond the obvious to find truth. ;-)

• char buddy
    Options
    ravnhaus,[p]We;;. as they say so often here, LOL.[p]CB

• Elder Ward
    Options
    ravnhaus,
    Great for Neuvo Pulled Pork. Take a bow you deserve it.
    Elder Ward