Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spring has sprung!!

Options
Smokey
Smokey Posts: 2,468
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, spring is definately in the air and Egging once or twice a week just isn't enough. I had my friendly butcher slice up some bottom round and I'm getting ready to make some jerkey. The butcher also said that London Broil goes on sale nest week ($1.19/lb)![p]Look forward to hearing about all of the new cooking going on![p]Smokey

Comments

• sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    Smokey,[p]How thick did you have him cut that round? I've made it thicker, 1/4 inch, and thinner, about 1/8th, and prefer the thinner cuts. They seemed to absorb the jerkey seasonings better. I liked the thicker cuts just 'cause I could tear off a big chunk and chew for awhile but the flavor just wasnt there. Looking for a compromise, any ideas?[p]Troy
  • Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    sprinter,[p]Well the butch slices it for me! Usually is a bit thinner than 1/4 inch and a little thicker than 1/8 of an inch. (I guess about 3/16 of an inch or so!)[p]I did a duck a few weeks ago for Valentines day. I brushed it with orange marmalade the last five or so minutes. It left a nice crust (kind of....).[p]I think Chicken this weekend![p]Smokey