Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

To any and all regarding new forum

Options
Good Eats
Good Eats Posts: 136
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Since I can't post on the new forum under an old thread I will post at the old for a while and hope that you read it, I would personally like to apologize to all of you for the amount of time and space that I have been taking up on the forum - see CitzenQ's rant and my response. I don't think many of you understand the plight which some of us are going through trying to get on the new forum. I have done everything immaginable to try and get my account set up and the bad thing is when the new board originally went up about a year ago I went over activated my account and everything was working fine but it seems here recently nothing works. I have tried everything WMK has recommended and read every post from every other member regarding the new board and logging on. It says my accout is active yet it doesn't recognize my username, it says I have a new password in my in box - never got it, yes e-mail is correct and yes I have checked my spam folder. I try to login to the left it doesn't recognize me... I try to login to the right it recognizes me but says that my account isn't verified. Look to make a long story long I am sorry... I am sorry for posting so much garbage on this board and wasting everyones time - but after dealing with this on my own for 2 weeks and working with WMK for 3 days I am frustrated and don't know what to do. I really enjoy reading everyones posts here and there as I am mainly just a lurker but from time to time I really do want to contribute and it frustrates me that I can't seem to get this thing to work... by the way I am 35, have a college degree and took some programming classes in college so I am not a complete idiot when it comes to computers. Bottom line is I want to apologize to everyone I understand where CQ is coming from and his post kinda rubbed me the wrong way this morning... as for now I will just say sorry and continue to lurk until all of this blows over.

Comments

• alanjesq
    Options
    Good Eats,[p]
    I have experienced the exact same problem you are experiencing. After numerous e mails, I just gave up.

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Good Eats,[p]I have not followed your issue completely, but have you tried having WMK change your email address to another you may have available to use. There have been some spam issues, and if you are using hotmail they may have a global block on the sending domain and you will not see it in your spam folder - they just delete it for you and you have no indicator it was ever sent.[p]Maybe if you do not have another email address you can create one at gmail or yahoo and have WMK attempt that. IF you've already tried that, sorry for wasting time and space.[p]I fully understand your frustration and I wish there was something more I could do to help you.[p]

• Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    Good Eats,
    First, there is no need to apologize. I too have taken up a lot of time trying to get squared away. There is no doubt, in my mind, that it wasn't all my fault. I haven't read CQs response. Anytime there is a major undertaking, there will be issues. And not neccesarily the user's fault. WMK has been working hard for all of us to get in, and I'm sure he as frustrated as some of us have become. I'm certain, in time, your profile issue will be worked out. [p]I'm glad you're on here cooking with us. And if you can't post for now on the new forum, so be it. This is one of the best communities on the web, and it's because of people like you and all the others that help each other out. Let's not abandon that during the transfer. If there is anything I can do for you, just shoot me an E, and I'll help where I can. Hang in there! [p]