Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Threads

Options
Okeejohn
Okeejohn Posts: 297
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
When I get to the bottom of a thread, how do I get back to the top without backspacing? I use firefox.

John

Comments

• Longknocker
    Options
    Mw too! Help!!!!
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    At the top of the message you are reading there is a link that says "egghead forum".

Click that.
  • WMK
    WMK Posts: 1,747
    Options
    With the old forum, it was necessary to use "back" a lot more often while traversing a thread; so, it was not usually to many "back"s to get all the to the index.

But with the new one, the entire thread is always available in the "Thread map" no matter how "deep" the message being viewed. Generally, this is easier for reading and navigating around the thread, but it does tend to require a whole slew of "back"s to return to the index once finished with a thread.

For now, the best way to get back is as others have noted, use the "EggHead Forum" link in the "Boardwalk" at the top left to return to the index. However, this is slightly different than "back" because you'll always go to the top of the index instead of returning to where you were.

We'll look into adding a "Return to index" link, or the like, that would return to the top of the current thread instead of the top of the index.

Once all this "dust" settles, we'll make a list and prioritize it, perhaps based on contributions as some have suggested :-), and then implement some new cool stuff.
  • DynaGreaseball
    Options
    I knew you'd do it for us!
    A Top-of-the-thread instead of a top-of-the-index would be a perfect added feature.

You getting any rest?

Thanks again.
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    Fidel, Thanks for offering so much assistance. This little tip has help me a couple times tonight. As always, you're a class act!
  • citychicken
    Options
    for anyone that uses firefox or ie6 you might consider the following addon. i posted this a few days ago.

Cooliris Previews
    Browse faster than ever

Cooliris Previews is a free browser add-on that lets you preview links and rich-media without clicking or leaving your current page, so you can browse faster than ever. Simply mouseover your link or our Cooliris icon, and a preview window instantly appears with the content of the link you are interested in viewing. No more clicking back and forth.

in other words, if you view the forum in any of the views, you can simply read any of the posts in a preview window without having to actually open the post itself. the cool thing is that the preview window will close when you are finished viewing the thread. then poof! you are back where you started on the main forum page without having to use your "gp back" button.

more info

[url] http://cooliris.com/site/firefox/[/url]

if you have problems downloading from the above site, then try this link

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2207
  • Fluffy
    Fluffy Posts: 19
    Options
    A "return to index" link is exactly what I would like to put on MY wish list!! Thanks

Fluffy
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    Thanks for the cool tip. Just downloaded it and that is pretty slick. It will certainty save time when i pop in for a just a minute at work :) thank god I'm the boss but it still does not look to good, I am always hearing "so what are you cooking NOW??" LOL
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    I see that if you read it in Cooliris it is marked in orange so you know you have read, but not opened it. Much faster reading with this, or just skimming the posts. Julie