Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Atomic Buffalo ???

WJSWJS Posts: 54
edited 2:25PM in EggHead Forum
I've seen the recipe for these "Atomic Buffalo Turds" and it sounds pretty interesting. I wondered if anybody had made them on the BGE, and if so, what technique was used (Temps, direct/indiect, smoke flavor, times, etc.).[p]Any thoughts?[p]Thanks,
John

·

Comments

• WJS,[p]I did them a couple weeks ago. I kept the temperature at 350 and cooked until the bacon got done. I believe it took about 30 minutes. If you cook 'em too fast, the peppers won't get done.
    ·
  • WJS,[p]What are they??

·
  • Stephen,[p]Heh, heh, heh.... Jalapenos stuffed with meat & cream cheese, wrapped in bacon, and cooked on the BGE.[p]They sure live up to their name too!
    ·
  • Wise OneWise One Posts: 2,645
    WJS, also, I can't speak for elFloyd, but I found they were best if you allowed them to rest for a while after taking them off. The bacon crisps up and the cheese is not quite so hot and runny. But they are good!

·