Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Atomic Buffalo ???

WJSWJS Posts: 54
edited 10:01PM in EggHead Forum
I've seen the recipe for these "Atomic Buffalo Turds" and it sounds pretty interesting. I wondered if anybody had made them on the BGE, and if so, what technique was used (Temps, direct/indiect, smoke flavor, times, etc.).[p]Any thoughts?[p]Thanks,
John

·

Comments

• WJS,[p]I did them a couple weeks ago. I kept the temperature at 350 and cooked until the bacon got done. I believe it took about 30 minutes. If you cook 'em too fast, the peppers won't get done.
    ·
  • WJS,[p]What are they??

·
  • Stephen,[p]Heh, heh, heh.... Jalapenos stuffed with meat & cream cheese, wrapped in bacon, and cooked on the BGE.[p]They sure live up to their name too!
    ·
  • Wise OneWise One Posts: 2,645
    WJS, also, I can't speak for elFloyd, but I found they were best if you allowed them to rest for a while after taking them off. The bacon crisps up and the cheese is not quite so hot and runny. But they are good!

·