Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Aerogarden

Options
TexasTigerFan
TexasTigerFan Posts: 85
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Good morning everyone. Since I have been home recovering from surgery last week I have watched entirely too much TV...including the Food Network. Which is great now in HD. I have done a little research and seen a million commercials for the Aerogarden. So, I broke down and did some retail therapy and ordered the new Pro 100. The first crop I will do will be an herbal garden which is supposed to produce for around 4 months. Has anyone else out there got one of these? What has been your experience? I should have asked this before I purchased but I do have a money back guarantee.

Any info will be great...thanks.

Geaux Tigers...beat OSU!!!

Comments

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Hope you recover quickly. Can't help on the Aerogarden but please let us know how you like it. I have been wondering if they really grow as well as they claim. I hope they do as I would love to have one. :)

Regards,
    Bordello
  • TexasTigerFan
    Options
    Will Do! It will be a while before I know. Hopefully someone else can assist.
  • kau-boy
    kau-boy Posts: 20
    Options
    We have 2 of them, 1 in SD and 1 in HI. They have worked great foe us on herbs and greens...the green beans and snow peas bombed. We are using the 1 in HI to jump start plants for the garden. Also still waiting for them to ship strawberries.

I think you'll get good use and a kick from it. Hope your recovery is speedy!!
  • ab ovo
    ab ovo Posts: 67
    Options
    I do a lot of hydroponic and aeroponic gardening. I purchased the Aerogarden as well because it is so compact. It does a very good job with herbs. It is easy to use and lives up to its hype. You will need to trim the plants to keep them compact. I have not tried the tomatoes or other fruits. They generally require more light so I do not think that they will be as successful as the herbs and lettuce. The Aerogarden, like other hydroponic and aeroponic gardens, foster very quick growing and healthy plants. You should enjoy it a lot. On a side note, people never cease to be shocked how productive this growing technique is. I move the gardens outside in the summer and become the source of everyone's fresh herbs, tomatoes, cucumbers, and strawberries. Enjoy!