Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

B&B Expert's Choice (Not Recommended)

Mike-RRMike-RR Posts: 181
edited 9:08AM in Charcoal
:ohmy:

That stuff is really sparky. I think that I've used my last bag of that stuff, and I still have an unopened bag sitting in my garage.

I could see a whole bunch of sparks just hitting the bottom of the egg through the mesh screen on the bottom vent. Every time I heard a pop, I saw corresponding sparks.

While bringing the cooker up to temp I had the cast iron grate on also. When I opened the dome, there was ash everywhere.

In my opinion, that bag of B&B was about as good as that nasty Kingsford Charwood. I do not recommend this charcoal to anyone at this point.
·