Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoking a chicken... right now...

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Smoking a chicken on my BGE...[p]put it on about 12:30pm... [p]smoking at about 250 degrees...[p]this is my first time smoking anything after bringing the meat... so I'll let ya'll know how it goes...[p]:)

Comments

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Scott Hardin,
    First of all, welcome to the forum.
    Do Not peek at it. Trust your polder and pull it when the internal temperature is right.[p]Enjoy,
    RhumAndJerk[p]

• nah.. I didn't peek at it... I have smoked some birds before... but tried the bringing thing today, for the first time... I checked it about 2 hours in, added some water to the drip pan... checked it an hour and a half after that and it was done... [p]a 7.24 pound chicken, at 250, only 3 and a half hours... usually it takes a solid 4 hours... I guess the brining really does help it cook a little faster... [p]but the brining was great... it really did bring out the flavor... so, I send thanks to everyone here in the forum... and others places online that helped me get this far. :)[p]-S.H.