Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Smoking a chicken... right now...

edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Smoking a chicken on my BGE...[p]put it on about 12:30pm... [p]smoking at about 250 degrees...[p]this is my first time smoking anything after bringing the meat... so I'll let ya'll know how it goes...[p]:)

Comments

• RhumAndJerkRhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Scott Hardin,
    First of all, welcome to the forum.
    Do Not peek at it. Trust your polder and pull it when the internal temperature is right.[p]Enjoy,
    RhumAndJerk[p]

• nah.. I didn't peek at it... I have smoked some birds before... but tried the bringing thing today, for the first time... I checked it about 2 hours in, added some water to the drip pan... checked it an hour and a half after that and it was done... [p]a 7.24 pound chicken, at 250, only 3 and a half hours... usually it takes a solid 4 hours... I guess the brining really does help it cook a little faster... [p]but the brining was great... it really did bring out the flavor... so, I send thanks to everyone here in the forum... and others places online that helped me get this far. :)[p]-S.H.