Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Follow up to yesterdays first egg purchase post...

Options
ILL--EGGER
ILL--EGGER Posts: 478
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, the wife and I made it to our local egg dealer today and with cash in hand we made our deal. Ended up buying a large egg, long table with wheels, ash tool (freebie), BGE Lump and a place setter. I had no intentions of buying the long with wheels but they were wiped out of stock on tables and cut me a deal on the floor (display) table which happened to be bigger and better than what my intentions were :) Not positive on delivery date yet but hopeing it will be ASAP. Can't be picky on delivery as they throw that plus complete set-up in for free if you aren't in to much in a rush. Thanks again to all the replies from yesterday and look forward to trying receipes and sharing stories with this great group of folks.
Regards,
Steve

Comments

• mtn egger
    Options
    Welcome to the club you are going to love it. The folks on this forum is the greatest asset you could have. I can't wait to see pics of your first cook.
    dbishop
  • BamaEGG
    BamaEGG Posts: 170
    Options
    You'll love that big table.

The egg will spoil you. The other night my wife and some friends wanted to go out to eat at some high dollar joint. When I asked what they served there they told me they had a excellent fillet. I politely responded if you fillets lets go to the store, get some fillets, and egg them which of course our friends against. Funny thing is my wife and I both had the fillet and halfway through dinner my wife tells me it isn't near as good as on the egg. My response was I could have prepared a fillet dinner for all 4 of us for less money than this stuff will cost the two of us.

Make sure you T-Rex a fillet. Just wait till you've had several low temp cooks first. You'll love it.