Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stuffed Pork Tenderloin

Options
ViennaJack
ViennaJack Posts: 357
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Back by popular demand (which means my wife "asked" me to make it again), here is my second shot at Pork Tenderloin Stuffed with Spinach, Sun Dried Tomatoes and Fontina Cheese with Red Wine Reduction sauce. I posted this it on the old forum a couple of weeks ago the first time I made it. This time I took more pictures, and I divided the stuffing between both cuts of tenderloin instead of making one giant superroll. They are in the Egg right now, cooking at 375 deg F dome to 150 deg F internal. The recipe can be found at http://www.supermarketguru.com/page.cfm/15794.

Here are the pics so far:

Browning shallots for the red wine reduction sauce:
browningshallotsforreduction.jpg

Flattening out the tenderloins:
flattentenderloin.jpg

Spreading the spinach/cheese/sun dried tomato fillling:
cheesespinachtomatoes.jpg
cheesespinachtomatoes2.jpg

Ready for the Egg - rubbed with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper:
readyforegg.jpg

On the Egg:
ontheegg.jpg

More to follow after dinner!

Jack in Vienna VA

Comments

• Mike-RR
    Mike-RR Posts: 181
    Options
    VJ,

I remember seeing the first one you did a few weeks ago, and even saved out the web page locally so that I can take a stab at that recipe.

It's easier to see how it was put together in this post. Kinda like a jelly roll, right?

I'll check out the link you posted for the directions for the red wine reduction.

Thanks again for sharing, and let us know how these turn out.
  • ViennaJack
    Options
    Mike-RR wrote:

It's easier to see how it was put together in this post. Kinda like a jelly roll, right?

That's right Mike - I used a very sharp chef's knife and carved/unrolled a 1/2" layer until the entire cut is "unrolled".

Here's the finished product:

Ready to come off the Egg:
    IMG_0413.JPG.jpg

Resting:
    IMG_0417.JPG.jpg

On the dinner table:
    IMG_0418.JPG.jpg

Sliced on the platter:
    IMG_0421.JPG.jpg

Slice close up:
    IMG_0423.JPG.jpg

These were not quite as good as the first time. The outside was a little tougher and overall it was a little dryer. Perhaps this is because I did two separate rolls instead of the single big one. It was still VERY tasty - just a bit dryer and tougher on the outside.

Thanks for looking,

Jack in Vienna VA