Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Shrimp, jalapeno, cheese & bacon recipe?

J AppledogJ Appledog Posts: 1,046
edited 11:54PM in EggHead Forum
I have been unable to find that recipe in the archives and would like to serve it tomorrow at the Michigan Eggfest. Can anyone help me out here, please? Thanks! JCA
·

Comments

• CornfedCornfed Posts: 1,324
    J Appledog,[p]Here's one courtesy of Guru of Grease and, apparently, a woman named Dixie from New Orleans...[p]Shrimp Post from the Archives[p]Later,
    Cornfed

·
  • YBYB Posts: 3,861
    J Appledog,
    A friend of mine did these on his egg a couple of weeks ago..He said they were Great.
    Larry

[ul][li]Armadillo Eggs[/ul]
    ·
  • J AppledogJ Appledog Posts: 1,046
    YB, That sounds great! I was looking for a recipe that came from some restaurant in Texas that was posted within the last month, but this might be a good way to use some of the chorizo I've got.... JCA

·
  • YBYB Posts: 3,861
    J Appledog,
    I bet they would be good served with some Mrs.Dogs Disappearing Mustard on them.I love mustard on sausage.
    Larry

·
  • Hi Julie,
    See my post further down dated 2-4-02 and titled "The shrimp brochette was a big hit". It turned out great.[p]Bob

·
  • ShelbyShelby Posts: 803
    J Appledog,
    Here's what I do. I've never done with jalapeno and cheese but you should be able to figure it out. Good luck! I know the eating will be good!![p]BACON WRAPED SHRIMP[p]1 pound large shrimp (16-20 count)
    Seasoned bread crumbs
    Tony C's Cajun seasoning
    Cayenne pepper
    Package of bacon
    Wooden skewers[p]Peel shrimp, rinse, set aside.
    Add Tony C's/cayenne to bread crumbs to taste.
    Cut bacon in half.
    Soak skewers in water.[p]Lightly roll shrimp in bread crumbs, then wrap a piece of bacon around shrimp, then lightly roll back in bread crumbs. Set aside.[p]Skewer the shrimp, using 2 skewers. This will make it easier to flip. You should be able to get about 5 shrimp per skewer.[p]Heat egg to 300*; cook direct. Should flip at about 5 mins.; shrimp will be done when the bacon is cooked on both sides.

·