Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Shrimp, jalapeno, cheese & bacon recipe?

Options
J Appledog
J Appledog Posts: 1,046
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have been unable to find that recipe in the archives and would like to serve it tomorrow at the Michigan Eggfest. Can anyone help me out here, please? Thanks! JCA

Comments

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    J Appledog,[p]Here's one courtesy of Guru of Grease and, apparently, a woman named Dixie from New Orleans...[p]Shrimp Post from the Archives[p]Later,
    Cornfed

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    J Appledog,
    A friend of mine did these on his egg a couple of weeks ago..He said they were Great.
    Larry

[ul][li]Armadillo Eggs[/ul]
  • J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    YB, That sounds great! I was looking for a recipe that came from some restaurant in Texas that was posted within the last month, but this might be a good way to use some of the chorizo I've got.... JCA

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    J Appledog,
    I bet they would be good served with some Mrs.Dogs Disappearing Mustard on them.I love mustard on sausage.
    Larry

• WudEyeDoo
    Options
    Hi Julie,
    See my post further down dated 2-4-02 and titled "The shrimp brochette was a big hit". It turned out great.[p]Bob

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    J Appledog,
    Here's what I do. I've never done with jalapeno and cheese but you should be able to figure it out. Good luck! I know the eating will be good!![p]BACON WRAPED SHRIMP[p]1 pound large shrimp (16-20 count)
    Seasoned bread crumbs
    Tony C's Cajun seasoning
    Cayenne pepper
    Package of bacon
    Wooden skewers[p]Peel shrimp, rinse, set aside.
    Add Tony C's/cayenne to bread crumbs to taste.
    Cut bacon in half.
    Soak skewers in water.[p]Lightly roll shrimp in bread crumbs, then wrap a piece of bacon around shrimp, then lightly roll back in bread crumbs. Set aside.[p]Skewer the shrimp, using 2 skewers. This will make it easier to flip. You should be able to get about 5 shrimp per skewer.[p]Heat egg to 300*; cook direct. Should flip at about 5 mins.; shrimp will be done when the bacon is cooked on both sides.