Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Forum switch-over time

13»

Comments

• Hammer
    Hammer Posts: 1,001
    WMK,
    I've been on the new forum for awhile. I have a quick question for you.
    Where do I go to change my password after signing on with the temp one?
    Thanks
    Hammer

• Hammer,
    I found this in the profile section in the same area as your handle.

• Hammer
    Hammer Posts: 1,001
    Buster Dog BBQ,
    Thanks for the information!
    Hammer

• I tryed to activate my user name on the new forum and the email address I had listed was full so I don't think I got the email I was suppose to get with instructions. How can I have that resent?
    Help
    dbishop
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    WMK,
    Just want to thank you for your efforts, my wife and I have enjoyed a lot of entertainment, knowledge, and have made a lot of nice friends here, thank you! -RP

• WMK
    WMK Posts: 1,747
    Michael B,[p]I just manally sent an activation email to the email address in your profile. You should be able to get activated and confirmed, a one-time process, by following the instructions in the email.[p]Let me know if you don't receive it; or, if you cannot get through the process.[p]Note: I have not yet had to time test everything on my Mac w/ Safari, but FireFox, available for the Mac, does work well. Safari has some issues and not just with our site.[p]WMK
  • WMK,
    in your spare time, sir...
    i get the awaiting confirmation by email message also and i tried to register months ago.[p]thanks for all you do.

• No luck tells me that I'm not me and I'm soooooo confused. I think I'll give you a chance to get the boat back on an even keel then I'll whine a bit.

Thanks for your hard work and patience.
  • Cannot sign in, cannot register, asked for new password,it does not work. Activate seems ok.[p]Spacey
  • WMK,[p]I've been wondering if you were ever going to pull the plug :-)[p]Past experience in this sort of thing, you'll never find the last set of bugs until it goes live -- and change hurts, so you won't get a concurance from the peanut gallery (us) as to when we want to go to the new form.[p]Are you sure that's not your IP address we're getting spammed from? ;-)[p]Tom
  • WMK
    Beanie-Bean,[p]There appears to have been a typo in the email address in your original profile. And you apparently reregistered, and are currently logged in, with a different profile and the correct email address. I've just disabled this profile and modified the email address (now incorrect) because our system allows only one registration per email address.
    You should receive a confirmation now for the original profile. Do you want me to edit the second one and remove the first one; or, use the first one.
    It may be better to edit the second one in case you've posted using that userid.
    WMK

• WMK
    Rick's Tropical Delight,[p]I've manually sent a confirmation email to the address in your profile. Let me know if you receive it and can get through the process.[p]WMK
  • WMK
    DobieDad,[p]I get the same message using Safari 3.0.4 on a new iMac running 10.5.1; however, the "Save" button works for me on the screen I've been using.[p]I suppose the message is however accurate -- i.e. for some reason, something about Safari is not supported by this version of the software we are using. We'll look into it, but for the time being, can you use FireFox for profile updates? It is free and available for the Mac. I have it on mine and it seems to work fine -- so far.[p]WMK
  • WMK
    Spaceman Spiff,[p]I found two different, unconfirmed profiles for you on the new site. They have different emails: one at gmail.com and the other at digital-rivers.com.[p]Which email/profile would you like to use. The userids are also different.[p]WMK
  • WMK
    Fidel,[p]I sent you another confirmation email to the email address in your profile. The first one was probably sent ages ago and has since gotten lost.[p]WMK
  • WMK
    markkal123,[p]My email address is now at eggheadforum.com since the domain switch a few months back. Some of the scripts still found the old address. I've corrected the error, but I posted some today before I noticed it.[p]You have two profiles on the new site, one of which is markkal123. It is already activated and confirmed. You should be able to use the "Forgot my password" link on the "home" page to reset your password. [p]WMK
  • WMK,
    no email yet.[p]thanks

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    I got that message, but the link took me to eggheadforum.net which no longer appears to be an actively registered domain.

Everything seems to be working for me except the post count. My profile shows up and I am able to log in with no problem after shutting down.

I think there may be two profiles out there for me. If so please delete one whenever. I know you are probably really burnt out on this stuff today - I've been in your shoes.

Thanks again.
  • WMK
    Rick's Tropical Delight,[p]Send me an email from the address you want to use in your profile and I'll update your profile and try again.[p]WMK
  • WMK
    The Naked Whiz,[p]Those type of messages do appear occasionally. They are, as you have seen, a temporary condition. The "session" table contains transient rows used to track who is logged in; and, apparently sometimes they "collide" with one another.[p]We'll look into handling the condition better once things begin to settle out.[p]Thanks,
    WMK

• WMK
    Mike in Abita,[p]It's best not to delete it because any existing posts would be "orphaned"; so, if possible, we should get your existing account working again.[p]I've just sent a confirmation email to your registered email address. Let me know if you don't receive it; or, if you cannot get through the process.[p]If you get logged in (you appear to be now), then you can change your password if you like by editing your profile.[p]WMK
  • WMK,
    i sent you an email at 8:08 pm. nothing here yet.[p]maybe i'll try again tomorrow.

• DobieDad
    DobieDad Posts: 502
    WMK,[p]Thanks.[p]Yes, Firefox is fine, and actually I intended to use it for the new site and avoid any problems with Safari.[p]Cheers,[p]DD
  • WMK,[p]I'd rather not.
    I really like this forum and its members. I've been cooking on the Egg for 20 years; still have a lot to learn and, hopefully, a little something to offer. But…
    I had MAJOR compatibility issues in the past when adding software. Everything worked smooth, I'd add one thing and all of a sudden that would be the only thing that would work.
    I took that computer to the dump, ordered a new one with all the software I needed already installed, and have added nothing since. Everything works. My databases (huge) that I had to re-enter because the old ones were lost when I installed the (NEW AND IMPROVED) software on the old computer are intact and I hope to keep them that way.

• WMK,[p]Am I restricted on what computer I register from? Reading some of the posts below, it sounds like I am.[p]I tried to activate my account again this evening before I left for work and couldn't do it. (Mac using 10.4 & Safari AND Internet Explorer). I planned on trying from here (HP with Internet Explorer) but don't know now if I should.
  • WMK
    Michael B,[p]Generally the computer and browser shouldn't matter, but some have experienced problems with Safari doing some things (like editing their profile).[p]So, using either FireFox or IE should be okay.[p]And, we are having some email problems with AOL and Yahoo likely due to a recent hacker attack on our server which resulted in SPAM coming from our IP address. These issues are notoriously difficult to resolve, but we will try to contact AOL and Yahoo and see what we can see. It appears that such contacts can be made only via long distance phone call and often result in nothing.[p]WMK
  • WMK,[p]Thanks.[p]I did try twice with Internet Explorer on my MAC from home and it didn't work.[p]I tried with Internet Explorer on an HP from here at work and it appears to have worked; at least it says it sent me a confermation email, but I'll have to wait until I get home tomorrow to find out.
  • BENTE, I couldn't agree with you more! It's sad when you have "others" who come on our forum and stir up trouble. We are all out to help one another to better enjoy and enhance our egg experience. Try to goto Brinkman or Coleman to see if they can help you cook a whole turkey. This is a great bunch of people who love to help and mostly love to eat !