Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Want to cook up some ABT's tonight

Options
Peggy
Peggy Posts: 122
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi there, It has been years since I have cooked up these little nuggets of gold. Want to take a stab tonight under the clear AZ sky. Of course, when I wish to find a recipe or a good picture from the hundreds of posts on ABT's...I cannot find one. I think I can manage without the recipe...but would love someone to post a picture of your ABT cookout. Thanks!!! Peg

Comments

• TheStormyDOg
    Options
    Peggy,
    Best of luck, really easy to do and they taste great...Enjoy
    IMG_0170.jpg

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Yummy.jpg
    <p />Peggy,[p]Here ya go[p]
  • Peggy
    Options
    TheStormyDog,
    Awesome! Ask and you shall receive two great looking pictures! Okay, I do have some questions. Is there a consensus on cooking the jalapeno's in half as the pictures show? Or with the halves glued back together with the bacon to look a whole Jalapeno? 2nd question? If cooking them on the half as the pictures show...do you turn them upside down to cook the bacon? I don't want the cream cheese to run out. Thanks a bunch!!![p]Peggy

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Peggy,
    You can find a picumentary of how I do them in the cooks section of my website...[p]Wess

[ul][li]WessB's[/ul]
  • Fidel
    Options
    Peggy,[p]I prefer to halve mine - others prefer to put them back together. I think it boils down to personal preference.[p]You never turn them over - the heat reflecting downward from the dome will cook the bacon on the top side.[p]I always do mine indirect to keep the bacon on the bottom from burning.[p]Good luck.
  • TheStormyDOg
    Options
    Peggy,
    I have done them both ways, in the half jalapeno and the whole, twice as many this way though. Second question, if you do them in the half pepper, just put them on the grill indirect half side down, they will be fine.

• Peggy
    Options
    Fidel,Stormydog and WebB - THANK YOU! You are the best! I am all set and certainly appreciative of the quick support. Green Eggers are the best. In fact, my girl friends are saving up their $$ to buy themselves a nice Big Green Egg. Once girlfriend was lucky this Christmas and received a large Egg from her hubby! Happy New Year![p]Peg

• TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    Options
    Fidel,
    All this talk about ABT's just made me decide to cook some tomorrow.
    I noticed in the picture that you are cooking them indirect. I've cooked them plenty of times and have always gone with raised grid / direct, and they come out great.
    Yours look absolutely wonderful so I think I'm going to try it your way, just to compare. It also appears that you wrapped with a half strip of bacon is that correct?
    What about a drip pan? [p]My wife and I are headed out the house for dinner so I'll check back tomorrow for your response.
    Thanks!

"I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• Fidel
    Options
    Tiger Tony,[p]you got it. Half strip of bacon, indirect.[p]Drip pan is good if you hate a messy plate setter. I just cook mine clean doing pizzas or something.