Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Christmas cook timing???

Options
T-Que
T-Que Posts: 44
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Aaahh...Christmas.... The open house done, the pork leg and turkey (Alla, Mad Max style a success) a success. I think i could have sold 3 BGEs yesterday. Christmas day is passing quietly. Gifts open, Irish Cream open (early, with coffee), friends houses open, wine...soon to be opened. Dinner to be started. But, the dilemma??? Our son is working at the movie theater until 11pm We are waiting for him for dinner but would like to time it close so were not up all night. So the timing of the cook is the question.[p]Here is the question: I have a 7 lb Standing Rib roast, seasoned on Sunday. I want to cook it Alton Brown style. eg. at 200 degrees till it reaches 115-118, pull it out to rest, bring the BGE up to 500 degrees and sear it for 15min to crisp/brown the outside. If I bring the roast to room temp before putting it on the BGE how long do you think it will take to reach 115-118 degrees?[p]Any ideas??? [p]Thanks and Merry Christmas!!![p]T-Qque

Comments