Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

No more!!!

Options
Car Wash Mike
Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
icestorm2.jpg
<p />My generator, BGE, and a lot of hard work. 96 hours without power. The BGE performed great. The best thing was cooking all day long. Talk about cleaning out the freezer. Could barely get to a store and if you did it was a 3 hour wait to check out. Everything is good for right now but a storm is expected Friday.[p]CWM

Comments

• Car Wash Mike,
    What A Mess! Thank goodness for charcoal.
    If its not to painful to relive, what have you been cookin all these days on the egg? At the very least you have got to be eatin good!
    WD

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    WD, I started off cooking at low temps but adding lump every now and then. Beer butt chicken, turkey tenderloins, and rump roast for BBQ beef. Then addd more lump and kicked it up to 600. Pork chops, steaks and Mahi Mahi to name a few. Would like to have done it different but you do what you have to do. It really could have been worse, I've got friends that may be out of power until the 15 of Feb.[p]CWM
  • Car Wash Mike,
    You are one smart fella. Like my Grandma says, "You got to make do with what you have."
    And the bonus is, in order to stay warm with the power out you have to take in lots of calories. And what a nice way to take in those calories... Egg-style.
    I hope the Fri. storm is kinder than the last.
    WD