Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A Tale of Two Racks

Options
RhumAndJerk
RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Yesterdays Beef Ribs were very good. I will work on how best to make them. The interesting thing was that I cooked both racks at the same time. One rack was tender and moist; the other was dry and crunchy. The total cooking time was just over five hours at an average 250. I had to conserver time or I would have tried for six hours at 225.[p]One thing that I did notice was that there was a constant white smoke pouring from the egg. I attribute this to the fact that beef ribs are fattier than pork ribs and all that grease just kept burning. Next time I will try them with at least a drip pan to avoid the smoking grease.[p]Here is the next observation. I made a rub from the Steak Lover’s Cookbook that was for Smoked Beef Ribs. It was not overly complicated. However, the ribs did end up tasting somewhat like pork spare ribs. In the future, I will go with a very simple rub or just salt and pepper.[p]Beef Ribs are a must try.[p]Happy Smoking,
RhumAndJerk[p]

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    RhumAndJerk,
    The way I look at it is I have the "Worlds best smoker," I use the best lump, have an abundance of good advice and the patience of jobe, so if the meat came out tough it MUST be the fault of the critter.

• RhumAndJerk,[p]If you like beef ribs, try to find the small very meaty ribs that are cut off a prime rib to make it boneless. They are great. I smoke them for about 1/2 hour then crank up the heat to brown. [p]