Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Beef Tenderloin Question

RichRich Posts: 67
edited 5:46PM in EggHead Forum
Cooking a 8 lb tenderloin tomorrow. What temperature should I bring the egg up to? How long should I cook it for?

Comments

• Rich,[p]I'm betting that Mad Max's prime rib recipe would work just fine, Rich:
    [ul][li]Mad Max Prime Rib[/ul]
  • ThrRoffThrRoff Posts: 169
    Rich,[p]I will be cooking a couple also. We like them rare so I will pull mine at 125. I couldn't guess the time. Just with that expensive meet, I intend to watch it closely and check its temperature often.

• RichRich Posts: 67
    ThrRoff,[p]What are you going to get your BGE temp up to?

• RichRich Posts: 67
    Jeffersonian,[p]Cool,thank you...Merry X-mas!
  • rich,[p]If you're going to sear at the beginning, take it up to 500 dome (indirect), then put your meat on and thottle the daisy wheel back until your Egg drops to 325 or so. Cook to 125 internal for medium-rare to rare. Prime rib cooks at about 13-15 minutes per pound to that level.

• Rich,[p]You're welcome and Merry Christmas to you and yours as well.