Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dome alignment

Options
Trouble
Trouble Posts: 276
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi, everybody. It's been a while!

Happy holidays to you and yours.

I glued my dome to the base the other day, and we have just completed the gasket replacement operation. I used the method where I removed the dome by loosening the top band, did a bunch of muck removal, applied a new gasket and put the dome back on.

The challenge--when I try to tighten the band around the dome, it pulls the dome back so that the part of the dome's circle by the handle is too far back (I can see 1/4" of the base's gasket) and back by the hinge, the dome overhangs the base.

How do I get both a tight band and an aligned dome?

Thanks very much

Joyce

Comments

• Trouble
    Trouble Posts: 276
    Options
    I've never hidden the fact that I talk to myself, so I'll continue the conversation.

I've loosened both top and bottom band, and alternated the tightening. That worked better, but now I'm failing the dollar bill test (even a $20 didn't work - go figure). About 135 degrees of the circle is too loose. It's the part of the circle directly across from the tightening bolts, if that makes a difference. Any comments on how to even things up would be appreciated.

Thanks--

Joyce