Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Sack-o-pork Results

Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,329
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, the boneless/mutilated picnic roast that was rubbed and shoved in a net bag turned out excellent. Pulled of at 182 internal, as the polder probe slid in and out easily anywhere I stuck it. MikeO stopped by, and it was nice to meet him and chat over a beer. He left about 20 minutes before I pulled it off the egg. As expected, it fell apart into chunks after the first slice. It was not as salty as I expected from being packed in that salt solution. The smoke was prevelant, and blendeed nicely with the pork. The "perfect picnic" rub from smoke and spice was perfect for this cut. Lots of pepper, and simple.[p]It really did taste considerably more like ham than a boston butt. Very, very moist and tender...much more so than a ham. Some leftovers....enough for a couple samiches.[p]I might just have to make up some more french bread tomorrow, and have a picnic samich with mustard on fresh egged french bread.[p]Happy
NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
·

Comments

• Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    Nature Boy,[p]Get the buns ready! Add some BBQ sauce and you will never know the difference. Bonea-apatitte'[p]Tim
    ·
  • Nature Boy,[p]Glad to hear it came out so well. What was the weight and cooking time? Eggfest is just around the corner![p]Later,
    Jobu

·
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,329
    Jobu,
    4 pounds. Cooked at 250-300 the whole time. 11 hours total.
    Eggfest comin up!!

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    ·
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,329
    Tim M,
    Hope to make some more french bread today. I am hooked.
    Maybe I need to make some Q sauce too.
    Hmmm.[p]Let me know when during March you are comin by for lunch.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    ·