Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Pizza Ever Success

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi Everyone :)[p]I made my first pizza ever 'in my life' not just on the Egg.... and it was a total success! :)[p] I used Spins New York style directions from the recipe section for the crust and let my bread machine make the dough :) Didn't have a pizza peel so I used a tempered glass cutting board of about the same size... only no handle.... to build the pizza on. Had the Egg up to temp. with the plate setter and pizza stone as directed here and with a little coaxing from a BBQ spatula... the pizza slid right off onto the pizza stone just fine. [p]After five or 6 minutes I opened the Egg and checked the crust... [p]After a few minutes more... checked again...It looked done... so I just lifted the stone and served from that.[p]My only error was dusting the pizza stone with corn meal... I didn't need to do that...and it made for a dusty bottom on the crust that we all were brushing off with napkins.... But otherwise.... perfect ! [p]Oh, and I used fresh lump and there was "NO" smokey flavor. :)[p]Happy Egging. BB

Comments