Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stuffed Wrapped Chicken Breasts

Fidel
Fidel Posts: 10,172
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
StuffedChickenBreast.jpg
<p />Inspired by AZRP's post a few days back, I decided to give these a go.[p]I pounded out boneless skinless breasts until they were about 1/4" and uniform thickness. Gave them a dusting of Raging River, then put in some baby swiss slices and some jalapeno slivers. Rolled, wrapped with bacon, and dusted again with Raging River.[p]StuffedChickenBreastRaw.jpg[p][p]On to the egg they went for a nice little smoky adventure through the 320s until the bacon looked done. Registered about 160 internal at the deepest part of the roll.[p]StuffedChickenBreastCooking.jpg[p]
These were yummy. Thanks for the idea Randy. When I do them again I am going to use a different cheese. The swiss wasn't enough "oomph" for me. I am thinking pepperjack or white cheddar.

Comments

• Fidel,
    Nice. Get the sliced peppers in the jar and pour a little juice in. That will kick it up. I'm meeting with eggfoot, how does May 17ish sound for KC. Going to try and get some feedback.[p]Mike

• JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Fidel,
    That looks wonderful!! I love the way you have taken a healthy choice of meat and added saturated bacon and cheese to make it high fat, high colastrol. Think I will fix some next week!! When you say deepest part of roll did you stick it in the cheese?

• Fidel
    Car Wash Mike,[p]Week before or after works much better for me. I am supposed to be in Seattle all the week before the 17th. Doesn't mean I can't make it, but would make it much tougher to be there.
  • Fidel,[p]Nice, I did a variation of this today. Prosciutto wraped prawns with a sliver of jalopeno run down the back. Then a pounded out chicken breast with prosciutto and fresh parmesan cheese on the inside. Should have taken pictures.
  • Fidel
    JLOCKHART29,[p]I made sure the probe was in the chicken. IT was definitely cooked through.[p]I only ate 2 of them, so it wasn't that bad for me. I had a salad on the side....[p]My cholesterol is just fine, but thanks for caring.
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Fidel,
    Thanks. They really do look great. I'm a sucker for peppers and cheese. Take my Zetia for cholesterol so I can eat what I want.lol

• So what are we doing in KC on the 17th??? <grin>
  • Beachbum,
    Eggfest. Lawn Ranger has made a solid commitiment. How about you?[p]Mike

• In KC?? We would most definitely be very interested!
  • TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Fidel,[p]Those look beautiful. Liking the 40X?[p]TRex
  • Fidel
    TRex,[p]Indeed. Finally getting used to it. Those shots were actually taken from several feet away except for the plated pic.[p]If only Santa were to show up with an 18-200 VR.[p]It is a great camera.
  • TRex and Fidel do you both recommend the D40? I have an old school slr Nikon which sparked my interest in better photography butI fell into a routine of not wanting to carry it around when traveling. I actually noticed a period of time with no pics on trips so I purchased the slim s7c which is a great little camera and easy to carry around. I have noticed areas of pic quality that are lacking though and wanted to wait a few years for the digital slr's to fine tune the quality of the cameras. The d40 gets rave reviews everywhere I have read online. Pro's and con's? I am in the high end custom home business and will be using for interior and exterior architectural shots just for in house business use. Sorry for the long question and thanks in advance.