Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

We Need an Archive

RhumAndJerk
RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I hesitate to make this post, but I will anyway.
Please, do not misunderstand my intent; it is purely a technical question.[p]Our hearts are still heavy with the loss of our beloved Webmaster. However, we are in need of an archive of the current discussion threads. [p]With all of the great participation, our forum has grown by leaps and bounds. I would hate to see people stop coming to our site and contributing because the page takes too long to load. I do not think that we are at that point yet, but we could quickly arrive at that point. The forum was being archived about every two weeks, but we are currently at one month.[p]Does anyone know if someone at BGE is looking after us?[p]Respectfully,
RhumAndJerk

Comments

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    RhumAndJerk,[p]BGE has someone on the job who is familiar with Bills scripts, etc. I am sure that things will be attended to.[p]Spin

• RhumAndJerk,
    I'm working on it. I'm learning as I go.
    Question: I'm working to restore the index page for messages from about 2/1-2/14 -- If I attempt to archive now, those messages will be lost forever; if I can restore the index file first, then no messages should be lost.
    It may take a few hours to figure out how to regenerate the html index file for the "lost" messages.
    Opinions? Suggestions?

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    WebMasterKinder,
    Although I may not know the specifics on how to help, I sit in an office with many wonderful people who may. Let me know what software you are using by email and I will help in every way that I can.[p]RhumAndJerk