Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Skillet

Wasted WordsWasted Words Posts: 161
edited 1:18PM in EggHead Forum
I've been looking at picking up a CI skillet to use on my Large Egg. I have a little CI fry pan that just fits in the dome (including handle), but it's so small I can't get much production our of it.
Is there a skillet sans handles that has some size that will work? I've seen a Lodge 17" with loop handles, but I think that's still going to be to big. Or does everyone just use a large skillet and cook with the dome open?

Comments

• Wasted Words,
    Some cut the handles off so they can fit. Target sells one with a removeable handle in their camping dept. for approx. $10.00 but they likely do not have them this time of year. They think it is a seasonal item.

• Wasted Words,
    What is it that you want to cook on a skillet?You may want to consider a dutch oven instead.

• BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    Wasted Words,
    i found this little skillett at lowes for $7[p]DSCN0022.jpg[p][p]and back during the summer target had this for about $10 in their camping section[p]DSCN0017.jpg[p]but my 10 inch skillett fits in my large with the hasndle still on there[p]
    HTH[p][p]happy eggin
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 22,289
    Wasted Words,
    my 12 inch lodge fits handle and all with the dome down. lecrueset braiser fits, i also use a paella pan for alot of things, it gets a little warped over time but works just fine. ive also got a soap stone thats 15.5 inches that works at searing temps, it did crack years ago, but i cook pizza between 900 and 1100 degrees on it.

• Wasted Words,[p]How big do you need / want?[p]Have you considered a Dutch Oven?
    https://secure.lodgemfg.com/storefront/products1.asp?idDept=1409&menu=logic[p]Lodge also has a 5 quart double Dutch Oven. 10.25 inch diameter, the lid doubles as a 10.25 inch skillet:[p]

[ul][li]Double Dutch[/ul]
  • Wasted Words,[p]I was over at WalMart and they have two lines of ceramic/cast iron cookware. Lodge is one of them.[p]The prices out here were fantastic and they work great in the large.
  • DarnocDarnoc Posts: 2,661
    BENTE,
    Do the guys in S.Carolina like their beer hot?

Darnoc,
    LOL!! how bout more beer on the grill[p]DSCN0038.jpg[p]
    DSCN0039.jpg[p]
    happy eggin
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• fishlessman,[p] I'm doing soapstone on an island in the kitchen. I could easily get pieces cut for the eggs. You like it better than the pizza stone?[p]Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• RascalRascal Posts: 3,703
    fishlessman, What size EGG are you cookin' with?

• Wise OneWise One Posts: 2,645
    BENTE, are you sure that skillet is not made of lead?

• BENTE,[p]I love the Yueng! I wish they sold it in GA.
    HungryNephew,
    they don't???????? i swear i have had one in atlanta!![p]maybe io had toooo many and oh well maybe i'm wrong!! LOL[p][p]happy eggin
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

Wise One,
    maybe i have not even cooked on it yet!!![p]but LOL[p][p]
    happy eggin
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• DarnocDarnoc Posts: 2,661
    BENTE,
    Your to much man.I bet the trash men know who the party guy is in the neighborhood.They must do a shake and rattle routine when your container is picked up.No noise means a bad weekend.Don't take this the wrong way because I think I am talking about myself.To make a quote BEER'S.

• baconeggswheattoast-012.jpg
    <p />Wasted Words,
    here's my 15" lodge skillet with the handle cut off with a hacksaw... fits perfectly in the large[p]here's a smaller 10" cast iron skillet with the handle cut off in my medium egg[p]bristolfall2007II-007.jpg

• TRexTRex Posts: 2,714
    Rick's Tropical Delight,[p]mmmm . . . cheese . . .