Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

London Broil

bdavidson
bdavidson Posts: 411
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello again everyone. I've been off the 'puter for a while, but now I'm back. My wife bought a nice 2" thick London Broil last night, which is now soaking in a nice bath of soy sauce, olive oil, garlic and lemon juice.... I marinated my first LB in beer, but decided to try this method this time. How long and at what temp?

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    bdavidson,
    Tim Ms site has some good info. [p]Cook it like a steak. Sear good a few minutes a side, then dwell maybe 10 minutes to your liking. Those are good. Great cold sandwiches with leftovers too. [p]A lean cut, so high temps/short times are best.[p]Have fun.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • BD
    BD Posts: 87
    Nature Boy,
    Hey there! How's life in VA? Are you going to vote in the primary?

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    bd,
    Gonna try and get out. Client supposed to come at 2 to pick up job. Otherwise life is good. Working away while my sack-0-pork smokes out front![p]Nice sunny day, slight breeze. 50s.
    Hope all is well up in PA. Good luck with the LB.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    bdavidson,[p]I may be too late to help, but here is a tip that has worked for me. Sear both sides and remove. Slice and cook to finish to desired doneness in a cast iron pan. The finish cook is quick. They always are juicy, done to perfection (you can see them), and the pan provides a nice deglaze for a sauce.[p]Spin
  • Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Nature Boy,
    50's ?? -- your too far north. I rode the bike over to Waldorf Md to get a crab cake sandwich today. It was 58-60 down here.[p]Eggfest is getting close and look at the people buying demo eggs and registering to come. This is gonna be fun!![p]Tim