Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

London Broil

bdavidsonbdavidson Posts: 411
edited 4:59AM in EggHead Forum
Hello again everyone. I've been off the 'puter for a while, but now I'm back. My wife bought a nice 2" thick London Broil last night, which is now soaking in a nice bath of soy sauce, olive oil, garlic and lemon juice.... I marinated my first LB in beer, but decided to try this method this time. How long and at what temp?
·

Comments

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,341
    bdavidson,
    Tim Ms site has some good info. [p]Cook it like a steak. Sear good a few minutes a side, then dwell maybe 10 minutes to your liking. Those are good. Great cold sandwiches with leftovers too. [p]A lean cut, so high temps/short times are best.[p]Have fun.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
  • BDBD Posts: 87
    Nature Boy,
    Hey there! How's life in VA? Are you going to vote in the primary?

·
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,341
    bd,
    Gonna try and get out. Client supposed to come at 2 to pick up job. Otherwise life is good. Working away while my sack-0-pork smokes out front![p]Nice sunny day, slight breeze. 50s.
    Hope all is well up in PA. Good luck with the LB.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
  • SpinSpin Posts: 1,375
    bdavidson,[p]I may be too late to help, but here is a tip that has worked for me. Sear both sides and remove. Slice and cook to finish to desired doneness in a cast iron pan. The finish cook is quick. They always are juicy, done to perfection (you can see them), and the pan provides a nice deglaze for a sauce.[p]Spin
    ·
  • Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    Nature Boy,
    50's ?? -- your too far north. I rode the bike over to Waldorf Md to get a crab cake sandwich today. It was 58-60 down here.[p]Eggfest is getting close and look at the people buying demo eggs and registering to come. This is gonna be fun!![p]Tim

·