Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pinwheels

Options
Dawgtired
Dawgtired Posts: 632
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey...I didn't realize The Fresh Market was that spread out. Haven't heard from the Whiz so I'll throw this out there....any suggestions on how to cook the pinwheels they sell?[p]Thanks!!

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.

Ronald Reagan

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Dawgtired,[p]Beef, chicken, or salmon? I saw them all there tonight. The salmon looked mighty good. Their seafood is about the best we can get here in Atlanta.[p]Any of them I would cook direct raised at 350-400 until done. They are pretty simple and fairly thin. Shouldn't take too long to cook. Maybe 6-8 minutes per side. The beef I may do with the grid in the standard position and maybe 500*.
  • Dawgtired
    Options
    Fidel,
    They are the beef and I've never cooked any pinwheels so your advice would be greatly appreciated.

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.

Ronald Reagan

• Dawgtired
    Options
    Fidel,
    Sorry...as a follow up. It appears to be cheese in the middle. Won't that melt away before they are done, cooking at 500?

Ronald Reagan

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Dawgtired,[p]I guess that depends on how done you like your beef.[p]Tee ones I was were only about 1/3" or so thick, so direct cook they should be medium rare in just a couple minutes a side. You could do a quicker sear, then put them on a raised grid until done.[p]If you're concerned about losing the cheese you could always cook them in a cast iron skillet.

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Dawgtired,
    See below.....[p]Go Heels. :-)
    TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,766
    Options
    100_1647.jpg
    <p />Dawgtired,
    sear them in a pan[p]100_1648.jpg[p]rest them[p]100_1649.jpg[p]roast them, sound familar, they trex fine, trick is to sear them in a pan to seal in the fillings[p]100_1653.jpg

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it