Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Reheating prime rib

Options
tallgrass
tallgrass Posts: 4
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I agreed to cook a prime rib roast for christmas for my kids. Since Christmas is on Tues. and I have to work on Monday, and they live 3 hours away I plan on cooking it Sunday.[p]What is the best way to reheat it without overcooking or drying it out? [p]Can I just put in the oven and reheat to about 130-140? [p]How long would reheating take for a 6-8 pound prime rib?[p]Thanks for you help.

Comments

• Buckethead
    Options
    Tallgrass,
    Over the past I have cooked the rib to rare, to reheat I got my au jus very hot and dipped the sliced meat in the hot au jus. You may also slice put in roasting pan pour au jus and cover. To reheat the meat whole it will take almost as long as roasting from a raw state. Heat the sauce not the meat.
    My favorite au jus taste like french onion soup with out all the stuff still in the finished product.
    Using a great beef base (such as Knorr, mix as instructed) add whole quarted onion. Simmer for 1 hr. (Add water as needed) Remove onion and serve. Simple and great. I have been serving this way for over 20 years.
    Good luck Doug

• Heck, give it a trial run...just a good excuse to cook a prime rib.