Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggfests - starting your own

WonderfulWife
WonderfulWife Posts: 2
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I live on a lake and about 6 of us (that we know of...there might be more) have BGE's - we were thinking of having our own little BGE Summer Kickoff or something. Has anyone done something like this before?[p]Any tips would be helpful.[p]THANKS

Comments

• WonderfulWife,
    I haven't hosted my own Eggfest but I have put on 2 Cook Offs to benefit our area Soup Kitchen. Depending how detailed and to the rules you want to get, it could be just a friendly cook off between neighbors that has the non Eggers as tasters, or follow the KCBS rules and try to get other Eggheads within your area to come to.
    I would love to give you all the advice that I can. Just email me and we'll chat.[p]Renee Attili

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    WonderfulWife,
    You can see pics of our little "Tikifest" in the "Fests" section of my website...This was our second year and we had a really good crowd...this is just a gathering of eggers and friends at our home...sounds like what you are asking...I think...[p]Wess

[ul][li]WessB`s[/ul]
  • laker
    laker Posts: 10
    I live in NE Indiana on a lake. My son and I are Eggheads. If this develops, please let us know.

• WessB,
    GREAT...thanks so much. Exactly what I want at first and then maybe can get bigger....