Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Char Crust vs. Grocery Store Steaks

RhumAndJerkRhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
On Saturday night two of my buddies came over bearing Steaks. [p]I had the potatoes on the Egg, beer on ice and was waiting on the Beef.[p]Since they were purchasing the steaks, something that they do not normally do, I had no idea of the quality or cut I would get to cook. Well, they knew that I had high standards when it came to beef and they did the best that they could. [p]What I ended up with was four NY Strips with bone that were cut way too thin, but I was not going to complain because they did well. I took the potatoes off and let my small egg take off. I then used the remains of my Hickory Molasses Char Crust and sprayed them with Olive Oil.[p]I egged the steaks at 1000 for three minutes per side and then let them rest for three more. The steaks came out perfect and juicy, but a little over cooked due to the thinness of the steak. The potatoes were great as usual. We ate and drank like kings.[p]The moral of the story is: Find a good butcher and have your steaks cut thick.[p]Happy Grilling,
RhumAndJerk

Comments