Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

All of this bread talk.....try this ya'll

Options
sprinter
sprinter Posts: 1,188
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey all,[p]Been debating whether or not to post this recipe for the past few months, kind of an odd duck as far as BGE recipes go, but all of this talk of bread, smoke, some like smoke, others dont etc. etc. etc. etc. Give this one a shot and you can use storebought bread or make a loaf of your own, either way is great.[p]Get your egg setup for indirect cooking, like pizza or calzones. You want a dome temp of about 450-500 degrees. Preheating the stones is not necessary but do it if you want to.[p]Take a round loaf of white bread and cut it equally in half widthwise (cut the top off in other words). Any bread will work, those with a bit more body like sourdough work well but softer breads will work. You now have 2 large rounds of bread. Butter them well on the cut side.[p]Mix about 1 1/2 to 2 cups of mayo with about 1 1/2 cups of Parmesan or Romano Cheese or that Kraft 3 cheese blend works well also. Add about a tablespoon of minced garlic to the mixture and stir it all well. You want it spreadable but not runny. Add more cheese or dont add as much mayo to get a good consistency.[p]Once this is mixed and the egg is hot, put one loaf of buttered bread onto the stone and melt the butter well, then do the other one. I like to get the edges of the bread a but charred but just be sure that the loaf is heated through well and the butter is melted into the loaf.[p]Spread 1/2 of the cheese mixture on each of the loaves and again, one at a time, put them into the egg. Look through the dome to see when the cheese and mayo is browning. The mayo and cheese will bubble nicely and be browned when its done. Times depend on the heat of the egg but watch it carefully so it doesnt burn. Take the loaf out and do the other one.[p]This is so simple its stupid but we bring this to a lot of get togethers and its gone in a flash. I've used bagels, french and italian breads, just about any bread works but I like the more dense breads personally.[p]Give this a go and let me know what you think of it. Its not for those who are watching their waistlines but it sure tastes good.[p]Troy

Comments