Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Life's Pleasant Surprises / DP

Options
EddieMac
EddieMac Posts: 423
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Along with some friends, we decided to play golf on Thanksgiving at our local course which is just about a mile from our home. After our 22-hole round we ate dinner in the dining room at the course where we had reservations. Since it was just me, my wife Karen and a friend from England that was visiting we decided to keep the kitchen intact and eat with friends over at the golf course. This particular place just happens to have a very homey, unpretentious atmosphere and a very good chef. They served us 'homestyle' and everything was tasty and great. We had a few drinks too! OK, more than a few![p]But we did purchase a whole 13lb. butterball and we cooked it on the BGE on Friday morning so we would have turkey for sandwiches. Nothing fancy, stuffed it with sliced apples and white grapes, covered with olive oil and then sprinkled with DP's Shaking The Tree Lemon Pepper. No fancy wood chips, cooked indirect at 325 and doggone if that turkey didn't come out great! Got sidetracked, over cooked it by about a half hour and it still came out moist and tasty.
Happy Day. The taste that DP gave that bird was nothing less than outstanding. And the BGE Lump by itself with chips or chunks gave this bird a very flavorful taste.[p]Real nice weekend......[p]ed mclean...ft. pierce, fl

Comments

• Okeejohn
    Okeejohn Posts: 297
    Options
    eddiemac,
    Sounds great! Have to try that recipe for X-mas. I, too prefer no smoke on my turkey. By the way, we are neighbors...live in Okeechobee.
    Maybe we will meet at the March EGG FEST in Ocala. Have a great day![p]John Wade

• EddieMac
    EddieMac Posts: 423
    Options
    Hey, John![p]Thanks for chiming in! We're very likely heading up to the Ocala EggFest. We attended two years ago and had a GREAT time! Sure hope we make it there this year! Alot of great people go to that! Amazing how the BGE attracts great people, isn't it? Yup, we're about 35 miles away from Okeechobee. We venture over that way and eat catfish at the restaurant that's on the lake (but just can't think of the name right now!). Nice to meet ya, neighbor![p]ed