Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Roasted Chestnuts how to

ab ovo
ab ovo Posts: 67
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have checked the archives and have not found a definitive recipe for roasting chestnuts on the egg. Does anyone have a good method for this? Please share before my wife leaves me for a man who will roast chestnuts.

Comments

• ab ovo,
    set your egg up like a pizza set up. . . plate setter inverted (legs up), with grid and pizza stone. .. get heated up good at 425 degrees dome temp. ..[p]cut an "X" in each chestnut ...put them on the pizza stone for EXACTLY 20 minutes. .. . [p]pull them, let them cool, then peel them (warning, they are real pain in the a$$ to peal). . .dang they taste great!! ... [p]DSCN0647.jpg

• ab ovo
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    I guess I will have to wait until tomorrow night. The nuts went bad. Thanks for the info.

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    ab ovo,[p]Confession here. I'm a roasted chestnut lover, but heating up the egg and then cooking for 20 min for a handful of chestnuts, well I can't do it. I cut a gash in one side of the chestnuts and toss em in the microwave. 4 chestnuts cook in a minute in the micro, peel easily, and are just delicious. Eat one and let 3 warm your pocket until you're ready. Back in Chicago in the old days, we'd buy chestnuts from the street vendors and keep em in our pockets just to stave off frostbite! Yeah..that was good.[p]mShark
  • ab ovo
    mollyshark,
    Heating the egg will give me an excuse to TRex a steak :). That is the added benefit.