Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Off Topic - Tonight's Dinner

GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
edited 3:49AM in EggHead Forum
Tenderloin.jpg
<p />Good Food, Good Wine - This may be a little off topic and perhaps a little (but not much) over done, but who's perfect. [p]It sure was good. In Fact LIFE is GOOD! :~}[p]

[ul][li]Gfw's BBQ[/ul]

Comments

• MACMAC Posts: 442
    Gfw,
    I would say prety much, RIGHT ON! Your pics make me drool. Good job. going to do a beef tenderloin this weekend.

• SippiSippi Posts: 83
    Gfw,
    Tenderloin looks really good. My wife does not care for beef that is remotely rare. Do you recall the internal temp for this one? thanks

• GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    Sippi, I pulled and cut at 140 - my wife was late for dinner!

• Gfw,
    going, going, gone. Everyone's tastes differ, but what a thing to do to a swell piece of loin. My preference is for rare. how rare? A good vet could bring it back.

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,399
    Frozen Chosen,
    "how rare? A good vet could bring it back."[p]Good one.[p]My friend's Dad used to say "cut off the head and tail, and gimme a match!"[p]Beers...and a warm one for you!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
  • Gfw,
    looks green, did that come off the pit?

• Gfw, was it aged? I have found a big difference in tenderloins aged 21 days vs Sam's/Costco's non-aged. Looks good. What did you put on it? My preference is to remove at 115 deg.

• GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    bbqlover, its more a function of a bad image - no green on the meat. Slightly overdone, but tasted great. :~}

• Gfw, I'll have two more big pieces.:) Looks tasty and tender.

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,399
    Gfw,
    Fluorescent light in the room?? That'll give you a green cast unless you can set the camera to compensate by adding magenta![p]Cheers
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
  • GrumpaGrumpa Posts: 861
    Nature Boy,[p]Naw....me thinks he needs a new butcher :~)[p]Only kidding Gordon...only kidding![p]Bob