Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Built in?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Has anyone incorporated a Big Gree Egg into a builtin Barbq island?
Did it work? Any advice/pictures?

Comments

• sdbelt
    sdbelt Posts: 267
    Options
    Joe,[p]Not yet, but I will in about 18 months. We are building a new house, and when complete it will have a space, built-in, for the large egg. If you do find any pictures I'd love to see.[p]You can see my master landscape plan here:[p]EdmundsLandscape.jpg[p]The egg will be in the blue L shaped area next to the pool. Construction (I believe) will be stucco and steel framing, or perhaps masonary framing...not sure. It's quite a ways off.[p]Enjoy![p]--sdb
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    BGECenter.JPG
    <p />Joe,
    This is a picture of a serious cooking center that Hank sent me to post a while ago.
    Beers
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • AndyR
    AndyR Posts: 130
    Options
    sdbelt,[p]My apologies for correcting you. It's Masonry - one "a". I know it's petty of me but it something that drives me crazy. BTW, that not a house you're building - it's more like a complex. Hope you chose the right builder... Also, that looks like quite a hike for cooking.
  • sdbelt
    sdbelt Posts: 267
    Options
    AndyR,[p]No offense taken. The builder is chosen: Geoffrey Edmunds, a division of Toll Brothers. [p]Regarding the hike, yea it'll be a ways...even further than I'd like, since the family room is in the middle of the house, so it's probably nearly 100 ft from door to door. I'm certainly going to be on a quest for a better remote thermometer solution between now and then, for both the dome temp and the food. My Redi-Check works really well for food temps, but its range is limited.[p]Regards,[p]--sdb
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    sdbelt,
    Looks great, can I ask how large the lot is without offending you?????
    Thanks,
    New Bob[p]P.S. do you need full time grounds watcher,pool watcher, egg user,I mean egg watcher. *grin*