Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Last nights beef tenderloin cook

Options
MickeyT
MickeyT Posts: 607
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Howdy all,[p]Did a beef tenderloin last night to rave reviews. I did something a little different. I cut the beef in 3 some what even sections and rubbed them with different spices. The first section was done with fresh ground pepper froma auto pepper mill, no. 2 was done with McCormicks "Spicey Steak" seasoning, and the 3rd was done with Char Crusts Hickory and molases. IMHO the McCormick was really hot and I ain't kiddin. Kind of took away the taste of the $40 beef, the fresh ground pepper was very good but the overall winner was the Char Crust. Just enough flavor to hear that oh too familiar moaning from the table.[p]I Like things hot but that was just too spicey for me.[p]Has anyone tried that spice with similar rewsults or am I just a light weight??[p]Mick

Comments