Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

londonbroil help

mikemike Posts: 152
edited 8:07AM in EggHead Forum
anyone done londonbroil on BGE ?
·

Comments

• mike,[p] Yes, lots of times :-). I normally marinated first, then cook at high temperature (like a steak) using the sear and dwell method. Cooking time depends on how big the London broil is. I normally go about 5-7 minutes on a side at 700F, then shut the vents and let it sit until my intuition says its medium rare. I let it rest for a few minutes, then slice thin and serve.[p]MikeO
    ·
  • tembertember Posts: 13
    MikeO,
    The trick with london broil is letting it marinate for no less than 24 hrs and slicing against the grain at a 45 degree angle. Do treat it like a steak with a high temp sear at @ 4 min. per side and a dwell to a med. rare. [p]food tv has a few great recipes for this cut

·
  • BluesnBBQBluesnBBQ Posts: 615
    Here's a marindae I like to use:[p]1 six pack Guinness
    3-4 cloves garlic, chopped
    Dash worstechire sauce
    Salt, black pepper[p]Combine one bottle of Guinness* and the rest of the ingedients. Place meat in a large ziploc bag, and pour marinade over it. Refrigerate overnight. Remove meat from marinade and cook like you would any other steak. Slice thin, across the grain.[p]*the other five bottles go inside the chef/and or the chef's guests. :)[p]

·