Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Stuffed Pork Tenderloin

bbullettbbullett Posts: 11
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This is my first time posting, but I've been "looking" for quite a while. You folks are a wealth of information and have greatly enriched my eggsperience.[p]I'm almost hesitant to share this after reading through the bloodbath on the "JJ Rub", so I'll temper my post. I don't follow many recipes to the letter, and if the following sounds too much like "your" recipe I apologize in advance. I usually make my recipe as I go, and here's the latest on a stuffed tenderloin I made for New Years.[p]I butterflied 2 pork tenderloins, covered one side of each with chopped up smoke sausage (no casings), fresh chopped italian parsley, roasted garlic, olive oil, sea salt, freshly ground pepper, and a layer of asiago cheese. I then closed them up as well as I could and tied them in 5 or 6 places so they wouldn't try to give up all that good stuffing. I cooked them at about 300 with a plate setter deflecting the heat. (Can't recall how long, with it being New Year's Eve and all). Also threw in some cherry wood chips several times.[p]I roasted 4 whole heads of garlic for about 1.5 hours before stuffing. This roasted garlic became very mild, and I believe was the best ingredient in the meat. That seems like an awful lot of garlic, but the roasting toned it down considerably.[p]I used about a half pound of sausage total for both tenderloins. Everything else was to taste, or rather to eyeball. You know, a couple of shakes here, several grinds there. [p]I hope this entices someone to come up with an "actual" recipe, but this "psuedo" recipe was a giant hit at my house just a couple of weeks ago. I look forward to many more posts here !![p]

Comments