Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Madmax Italian Hamburgers - well, sorta

Options
TRex
TRex Posts: 2,714
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
madmax_burger1_web.jpg
<p />Minus the cheese and french bread, and I think I should have made the patties thicker, but they were still VERY good. Even my mom (who pretty much only eats chili or other legume products and/or dessert items these days), loved the flavor. Thanks Max![p]And I'm pretty much addicted to these Eggtoberfest 2008 cookies - and now my mom and dad are too. Yum. Couldn't do them on the Egg tonight because I was not patient enough to let all the hamburger grease burn off, so the oven got the call.[p]11-18_cookie1_web.jpg[p]Cheers everyone,[p]TRex

Comments

• TRex,
    for some reason... i am craving milk

• egginator
    Options
    TRex,[p]I've only been in Texas for 10 years or so, so I'm certainly not as fanatical as the natives, but one thing I have learned is that Texans know their chili. So, when you say "...chili and other legume products..." I suspect that you are inviting a whole host of commentary from the Texas contingent about how REAL chili doesn't have any beans. [p]Great looking burger and cookies. I have to revisit the hamburger thing since it's been a year since I cooked one. Tonight I T-rex'd a couple of very nice NY strips tonight. Hat's off to you man, because those steaks were awesome.
    [p]Ed[p]

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Hey Jason,
    You forgot to burn the bread!! Heeeeee!

• TRex
    Options
    Egginator,[p]Cheers, Ed - glad your steaks were good.[p]I did live in Texas for 5 years (God bless it), but I never claimed to be a Texan, although I was adopted by several kind Texas folk - I grew up eating beans in chili - I'll never forget the first time I made chili for some Texans and they asked me what it was (I assume due to the ubiquitous beans). Well, either they liked it or didn't want to embarass me, lol.[p]Go back to the burger - it's like an old, dependable friend, and the Egg just solidifies the friendship.[p]Cheers,[p]TRex
  • TRex
    Options
    egret,[p]LOL - Chubby nor his padawon apprentice were invited!
  • TRex
    Options
    Rick's Tropical Delight,[p]Indeed, my friend - milk was had by all.
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    TRex,
    Now that's a winning combination! We just had some TRex'd steaks. But now I want a Madd Max Italian burger and some cookies.Haha. We sure missed you yesterday, it was a blast!

• TRex
    Options
    Big'un,[p]Thanks, Todd - I read the posts - it looks like a good time was had by all. I like your idea of an Atlanta-area Eggers get-together - perhaps even a Mini-Fest of sorts. Maybe the first annual Big'un Fest???
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    TRex,
    Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about!!Haha. Glad your family visit is going so well.

• TRex,
    Burger looks good, but the cookies look great. What is the recipe for those dudes?[p]Thanks,[p]Jack

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    TRex,
    hey jason, glad you guys enjoyed em so much ... and in all honesty, they sure are a lot easier when done as individual burgers on buns like that.. . .[p]hi you your pop!!